Making time for family
This year I’ve decided to try something new. Rather than being dictated by my work calendar from sun up to sun down, I made a conscious effort to begin my day with two hours of family time. It’s literally on my morning calendar for not only myself but my entire team at work to see. During this time, admittedly, I have little of a plan. I’ve never been one of those moms who knows precisely how we are spending each day and what the meal arrangements are. But that’s okay.
Rainbow Cloud Project for Toddlers
I’ve started to peruse Pinterest looking for fun activities to do with my daughter. Considering I have goals of homeschooling my family one day, it seems now is the perfect time to jump into the craft making adventures as a warm start. I found this simple project (from a few different content creators) featuring a colorful rainbow and smiley face cloud. What I love most about this project is that it allows your little one to practice a variety of skills: cutting (with safety scissors), coloring on popsicle sticks in a tight and contained space, the function of glue, etc. Plus, what kid doesn’t like googly eyes?
The supplies needed are rather short – I personally used this project to start my own craft box for future projects.
- Colored construction paper
- Glue stick
- Washable colored markers
- Googly eyes
- Popsicle sticks
- On a piece of construction paper, draw a large cloud shape.
- Pass this cloud paper to your child to cut with safety scissors.
- Then grab a handful (5-7) popsicle sticks and color each with a unique color using markers.
- Take your colored popsicle sticks and lay them all one by one and then glue the cloud at the top of the sticks.
- After the rainbow and cloud are adhered, glue two googly eyes at the top of the cloud.
- Finally, take a colored marker and draw a smiley face in the cloud.
I hope that if you choose to do this project by yourself or with your little one that you enjoy and send me photos! I am looking forward to seeing all of your creative adventures.